Monthly Price: $40.00
Registration Opens on the last day of the previous month’s Classes
Swim Lesson Classes
Parent and Child ( PC1/PC2) (Current Schedule and Online Registration)
Each 30 minute class is designed for parent and child interaction. Class focuses on developing the child’s comfort in the water through games and songs designed to initiate the child to bubble blowing, putting their face in the water, floating and kicking on front and back with the assistance of the parent and instructor. $40 per session. Note: Children who are not yet potty trained must wear plastic pants over a cloth diaper or a swim diaper while in the water.
Preschool Aquatics (Ages 4-6) (PS) (Current Schedule and Online Registration)
30 minute classes for ages 4 to 6. 2-6 students per class. Students will be taught all aspects of swimming beginning with water introduction and floating and continuing to learn each of the 6 strokes. Preschool levels swim less yardage than the Learn-to-Swim level classes. After completing all the skills in the preschool program, children will be placed in Learn-to-Swim level 3 regardless of age. $40 per session.
Learn-to-Swim (ages 7-12) (LS) (Current Schedule and Online Registration)
30 minute classes for ages 7 to 12. 2-6 students per class. Students will be taught all aspects of swimming beginning with water introduction and floating and continuing to learn each of the 6 strokes. $40 per session.
- Learn-to-Swim 1: Introduction to Water Skills
- Learn-to-Swim 2: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
- Learn-to-Swim 3: Stroke Development
- Learn-to-Swim 4: Stroke Improvement
- Learn-to-Swim 5: Stroke Refinement
- Learn-to-Swim 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency
Teen/Adult Swimming Lessons (over age 12) (Current Schedule and Online Registration)
Lessons for people with varying levels of ability. Instructors work with each student to set individual goals. This class is appropriate for beginning swimmers to those looking to refine their stokes. This class is 45 minutes long. $55 per session.
Springboard Diving (ages 7-17) (Current Schedule and Online Registration)
An hour long class for ages 7-17. 2-6 students per class. In Springboard diving, your child will be introduced to the fundamentals of competition style diving. $40 per session. (this class may not be offered every session of swimming lessons due to few intructors being able to teach such a class)
Pre-Competition (ages 7 and over) (Current Schedule and Online Registration)
The pre-competition program is an ideal transition from learning to competing. The sessions run more like a practice than a swim lesson and helps swimmers perfect the strokes needed to compete. In addition, swimmers practice starts, turns and other competitive moves. $55 per session. (this class may not be offered every session of swimming lessons due to few intructors being able to teach such a class)
Private Swimming Lessons (Current Schedule and Online Registration)
One-on-one instruction. $22/half hour. Contact the pool for details.
- All classes are 30 minutes long unless otherwise noted. Classes have a five minute break in between, please use this time to speak with your instructor.
- All classes and times are subject to change due to instructor availability, please check at pool office for complete schedule.
- Two students must be registered to run a class. In cases where only one student is registered parents can opt to transfer to another class, get a credit on their account, request a refund, or pay for the second student.
- Children learn better in the appropriate level. Swim tests are available for proper lesson placement, please call us to schedule an appointment for placement testing.
- Don’t miss out on all the exciting opportunities at the William Shore Pool! Please note that classes fill up quickly. Registration is done on a first-come-first-served basis through our online registration page. Payment is due at the time of registration.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Refund Policy: Refunds are subject to management approval. If requested before the start of the session, a full refund will likely be given. For approved refunds requested following the start of the session, only the remaining balance will be given. Parents may also opt to have a credit placed on the student’s pool account. Please complete the attached Refund Request Form. Refund Request Form
Wait List Registration Policy
If a class becomes full, the students name will automatically be placed on a waiting list. If a space in the class opens, we will notify you by telephone.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
William Shore Pool has a financial Aid and Scholarship program available to low income families who want to participate in any of the programs offered at the William Shore Pool. This includes both admissions, lessons and exercise programs. Fill out the Financial Aid and Scholarship Application and turn into the pool office for processing.
For further inquiries, please call 360-417-9767