What are we doing during our Shutdown?
SHUTDOWN DATES MAY 25 TO JUNE 23
ENERGY RELATED UPGRADES
1. Remove the old HVAC units and piping
2. Remove old Boiler
3. Remove old Electrical Transformers and Switch Gear
4. Upgrade building electrical service from 417 volts to 480 volts
5. Install new HVAC for Pool Area
6. Install new HVAC for Locker Rooms
7. Install new HVAC for Office and entrance area
8. Install new Ultra Violet Disinfection System
9. Install new Main Boiler Unit
10.Install new transformers and switch gear
11.Replace old electrical subpanels
12.Install new Variable Frequency Drive to main pump motor
13.Install new Water Source Heat Pump to preheat domestic water
14.Replace piping in mechanical room
15.Install new chemical controller
16.Install new DDC whole facility energy control system
NON-ENERGY RELATED UPGRADES
1. Install new salt based disinfection system
2. Remove and replace south wall roll up doors
3. Install new Starting Blocks (cooperative purchase with PASC and PASD)
4. Install new Rock Climbing Wall in Dive Tank (purchase with matching Grant from Ruddell Auto and the Ruddell Family)
5. Paint hallway and finish tile baseboards
COST OF PROJECT: $1.4 million
(Paid for with proceeds from a Washington State Commerce Grant, Utility Rebates and levy proceeds)
We will be CLOSED for Jefferson Elementary Swimming Lessons
from 12 noon to 1 pm
May 14 – 17 and May 21 -24
SAY GOODBYE TO RED EYES!
The pool will Shut down from May 25th to June 23rd
to remodel our HVAC system and switch to a Salt disinfectant system.
We will be open for lap swim from 3-5 pm Monday through Thursday until High School swim season starts in August.
The pool will remain closed to the public 3-5 pm Fridays.
May Swimming Lesson RegistrationMonday/ Wednesday: May 6-24 : $30.00 Tuesday/ Thursday: May 7-23 : $30.00 PreCompetition – M/W/F: May 6-24 : $45.00 Teen/Adult – T/Th: May 7-23 : $45.00 Dive – Sat: May 4-18 (2hr class) : $60.00
Registration for Monday/ Wednesday lessons will start April 29th.
Registration for Tuesday/ Thursday lessons will start April 30th.
You may register for lessons in our front office, call over the phone and pay with a debit/credit card, or register
on our website through our swimming lesson tab and pay with a debit/credit card.
New Monthly Billed Memberships!
We now offer affordable monthly billing for our annual memberships.
Plus a new unlimited exercise option!
Check out the Admissions Page for details!
12 visit passes have a 12 month expiration. Old punch cards issued by the city are no longer valid
and will not be accepted as admission.
Capital Improvement Schedule
To keep our patrons informed below is our Capital Improvement Plan for the next year. Our main focus is energy improvements but we have added some other projects that need addressing. Our annual shut down will need to be longer this year due to the projects being done. We will be closed starting June 29th and will reopen August 6th. We will be having an open house on August 5th to celebrate our 50th anniversary and showcase our improvements.
PHASE 1: Walls and lockers (Completed)
- Remove old failing paint on interior walls
- Tile up 2’ on interior walls
- Paint remainder of walls
- Replace tile in showers
- Replace Lockers
- Paint pool
- Annual maintenance shut down tasks
PHASE 2: Plumbing/Lighting (Completed)
- Replace piping for pool
- Replace domestic hot water piping
- Replace water main piping from City
- Replace sewer waste piping
- Replace electrical conduit for pool lights
- Replace lighting over pool
PHASE 3: Electrical Service/Replace Air Handling Systems (February 2013)
- Remove and replace old electrical service to new 480volt/3 phase
- Remove/Replace pool area air handling system
- Install new dehumidification and heat recovery system
- Remove/Replace locker room air handling systems
- Install UV system in equipment room
- Remove old boilers
- Install new pool heaters and domestic hot water heaters.
Any questions please call Steven Burke, Executive Director at 360-460-3526 or email at email@example.com.
Notice of 2012 Sales Tax Changes
Notice of 2012 Sales Tax Changes
Effective 1-2-2012, the following admissions will be increased to incorporates the required sales tax mandated by the State Department of Revenue sales tax of 8.4%.
Single Admissions Old Rate New Rate
General Adult Admission: $4.50 $5.00
Senior Adult Admission: $3.00 $3.25
Disabled Admission: $3.00 $3.25
Pass Membership Old Rate New Rate
General Adult 12 Visit Pass: $45.00 $49.00
Senior Adult 12 Visit Pass: $30.00 $32.50
Disabled 12 Visit Pass: $30.00 $32.50
3 Month Membership Old Rate New Rate
Adult: $128.00 $139.00
Senior: $78.00 $85.00
Disabled: $78.00 $85.00
6 Month Membership Old Rate New Rate
Adult: $214.00 $232.00
Senior: $130.00 $141.00
Disabled: $130.00 $141.00
Annual Membership Old Rate New Rate
Adult: $285.00 $310.00
Senior: $180.00 $195.00
Disabled: $180.00 $195.00
Fees and admissions for youth or any classes with an instructor do not pay sales tax in accordance with the Department of Revenue regulations. Any questions, please ask a supervisor or Steve Burke, Executive Director, at (360) 417-9767.
Facility Improvement Survey
We are taking a public input for our Facility Improvement Plan and would like your input on what changes and improvements you would like to see. Click Here to take the survey
New Phone Number
Beginning June 1st, William Shore Memorial Pool
will have a new phone number.